The Chief Executive Officer of Heart of Illinois Big Brothers Big Sisters (HOIBBBS) helps children reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one relationships with caring adult volunteers. The CEO is responsible for the viability, quality and growth of the agency. This position is a public ambassador for developing, growing and achieving the organization’s social service mission, purpose, goals and objectives while effectively uplifting the community’s youth.
- Cultivates strong relationship with Board of Directors designed to lead and contribute to the agency’s success.
- Formulates and recommends programmatic, administrative and fiscal objectives to the Board.
- Communicates information to Board and Board committees as needed.
- Maximizes agency financial strength without adversely affecting other criteria of success (e.g., customer satisfaction, quality of service).
- Generates and maintains valuable, new revenue streams.
- Develops and maintains long-term relationships with large-scale individual, foundation and corporate donors/funders.
- Anticipates stakeholder needs; aligns systems and processes to ensure responsiveness.
- Ensures programmatic excellence and maximum program impact is achieved by establishing operational benchmarks, setting timelines and making child safety a priority.
- Ensures comprehensive marketing strategies are developed to attract, engage and mobilize significant volunteer mentors.
- Designs and directs a safe, quality client service with determined professional and community standards of care.
- Attracts, retains, develops and leverages staff talent.
- Creates an engaged environment where staff productivity and performance is high.
- Institutes and utilize an effective performance management system for all employees that include annual objective setting and evaluation.
- Travel within Central Illinois is required; some out-of-area travel may be expected.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven results in building an organization and achieving results.
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in social service agency administration and/or fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience having effectively motivated, developed and managed work of others in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to Not-For-Profit organizations.
- Previous experience interfacing, influencing and engaging diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to lead complex, multi-component projects with successful outcomes.
- Strong program development experience.
- Demonstrated experience with budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Working knowledge of personnel management (Human Resources, Compensation, Employee Leaves, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Human Services or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a Not-For-Profit work environment.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a Fundraising capacity.
- Salary range: $55,000-$75,000 commensurate with experience
To ensure full consideration, please apply by no later than August 5, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before August 5, 2017; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Anticipated start date is as soon as possible following the close date. For further information regarding the position contact: PeoriaBBBS@gmail.com. To apply, please click here to view the posting.